When the warm weather rolls around, there's nothing better than a quick dinner that's as delicious as it is simple to make. The fresh flavors from the shrimp and avocado pair beautifully with a simple vinaigrette and with a few pickled peppers, the whole dish brightens up like a beautiful summer evening.
While this recipe calls for Mama Lil's Spicy Pickled Peppers you can really use any kind of sweet and sour pickled pepper that you like.
Avocado Shrimp Bowls
- 1lb Cooked, Peeled, and Deveined Shrimp, roughly chopped or whole
- 4 Avocados, peeled and roughly chopped (reserve skins for serving)
- 1 Cup Mama Lil's Spicy Pickled Peppers (roughly chopped)
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Tarragon (or herb of choice), roughly choppped
- 1/3 Cup White Wine or Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add mustard and vinegar to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to emulsify dressing. Season with salt and pepper and reserve until needed
- Add shrimp, avocado, pickled peppers, shallot, and tarragon to a mixing bowl and dressing using the vinagrette
- Spoon the shrimp mixture into the avocado shells
- Garnish with additional fresh herbs and a drizzle of olive oil