Sometimes, all you want is a simple baked lobster tail, so here you go, a recipe that's so simple, yet so luxurious, it's gonna be a surefire hit!
Just a bit of a note, for this specific recipe, we used a very large 20oz lobster tail. While this recipe will work with any type or size of tail, cooking times may vary. Ultimately you're looking for an internal tempurate of above 145 degrees so don't be afraid to whip out your trusty thermometer. Also, while this recipe is for only one lobster tail, you can obviously cook as many tails as want using this same information. Really, this is more of a technique than a recipe.
Bake Lobster Tail
- Lobster Tails, thawed
- Melted Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by preparing your lobster tail by splitting it down the back, pulling out the meat, and resting it on top of the shell. Watch the video below for a step-by-step tutorial on how to do that.
- Using a knife, score the lobster tail
- Brush the tail with melted butter and season with salt and pepper
- Place the prepared tail on a baking sheet and instert into a pre-heated 425 degree over and cook for approximately 18-20 minutes or until the lobster is fully cooked (140 degrees)
- Serve the lobster tail with melted butter and fresh lemon