BBQ Grouper with Charred Pineapple Salsa
During the summer, those quick weeknight dishes suddenly become more important than ever which makes this BBQ grouper perfect. Coat the fish with either Daddy Sam’s Seafood Glaze (available at both Minneapolis & St. Paul locations) or your favorite BBQ sauce and toss on the grill. Top with this fresh, delicious salsa and you’ve got a dinner worth bragging about!
- 4 6oz grouper fillets, skin off
- 1/2 cup Daddy Sam’s Seafood Glaze (or BBQ Sauce of your choice)
- 2 cups pineapple chuncks
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno finely minced (optional)
- juice of half a lime
- Place grouper fillets in a large ziplock bag along with the Daddy Sam’s or BBQ sauce. Seal the bag and massage the fish until the sauce fully coats each fillet.
- Place pineapple chunks on grill over high heat and char on all sides. About 1 – 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once the pineapple has cooled chop into small 1/8″ cubes and add it to a mixing bowl with the onions, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice. Stir to combine and season with salt to taste.
- Remove the grouper from the ziplock bag and season with salt. Place the fillets on a grill over medium-high heat. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until fully cooked.
- Serve and top with the salsa.