If you’re looking for a quick dinner full of big bold flavors, this recipe is definitely for you! Sometimes you’ve gotta just forget the old, “no cheese with fish,” adage because these results are absolutely worth bending the rules for!
Pro-tip for this recipe, you likely won't need to add any additional salt. A lot of blackening seasonings frequently have a lot of salt already in them as does the blue cheese. If you find that you're seasoning doesn't have a lot of salt, maybe a little pinch won't hurt, but use sparingly.
Black & Blue Salmon
- 4 6-8oz Salmon Fillets
- 5oz Sartori Gorgonzola Dolcina, crumbled
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- Blackening Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Wrap a baking sheet in foil and lightly coat with oil
- Add your salmon fillets and season generously with blackening seasoning
- Top the fillets with the crumbled blue cheese and sprinkle the top with the thinly sliced shallots
- Place under a broiler and cook for 4-6 minutes depending on variety and thickness of salmon fillets
- Serve with rice and a nice green salad