Bloody Mary with Pickled Shrimp & Chorizo Garnish
This is the perfect garnish to any Bloody Mary brunch, but it could easily double as a really great appetizer. The pickled shrimp and chorizo (also available at the store) play incredibly well together and you could easily add additional garnishes to your skewers. Think cocktail onions, olives, or charred scallions!
Feel free to use whatever Bloody Mary mix and ratios that you like, but we highly recommend the Sucker Punch Gourmet Spicy Bloody Mary Mix that we sell at both our St. Paul and Minneapolis locations (just sayin').
Makes 4-6 Skewers
- 1 lbs Coastal Seafood Brand 16-20 Shrimp, Peeled & Deveined
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- Half a Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 4-6 Pre-cooked Chorizo links, Cut into Thirds
- At least Four Skewers
- In a small saucepot over medium-high heat, add water, rice wine vinegar, sugar, lemon zest, bay leaves, peppercorns, coriander seeds, red onion, and salt and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sugar fully dissolves and then simmer for an additional five minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and gently poach in the liquid until the shrimp just turns pink. Remove from heat and chill immediately. Allow to marinate in a refrigerator for at least one hour or up until overnight.
- Add the chorizo to a dry sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook just until the sides begin to caramelize and char.
- Skewer the shrimp and chorizo, alternating between each.
- Place into your favorite Bloody Mary alongside a stick of celery and a wheel of lime, or serve on their own as a delicious appetizer.