Shrimp scampi is a near perfect expression of what happens when two ingredients come together in perfect harmony. In this case, shrimp and butter.
Classic Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup white wine, champagne or stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter. Once the butter is melted add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Season shrimp with salt and pepper then add to skillet and cook for 1 minutes, flip the shrimp and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove shrimp and garlic from heat and keep warm. Deglaze the skillet with the wine and reduce by half. Add lemon juice and parsley then pour over shrimp. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve over pasta.