Cuban-style Snapper Ceviche
This is a great way to enjoy the sweet, crisp meat of a red snapper. All of the bright flavors help to emphasize the natural flavors of the fish and the slight bit of heat helps to round it all out.
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
- 1 pound snapper, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice (or sour orange if you can find it)
- ½ mango, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cumin
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in a large bowl making sure the fish is submerged.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator, add cilantro and season with additional salt if necessary.