Herb Stuffed Rainbow Trout
Rainbow trout is such a great fish and one of it's better qualities, is that it's perfectly suited for a whole fish preparation. All you have to do is stuff the fish with your favorite array or herbs and a few lemon slices and you're good to go. All it takes is a few minutes in a high heat over or on a grill and you've got yourself a showstopper suitable for an elegant dinner party or for fast weeknight eating!
HERB STUFFED RAINBOW TROUT
- 4 count Rainbow Trout, 8-10 oz each, deboned
- 3 count shallots,peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp coarse ground mustard
- ½ bunch of any two of the following fresh herbs,
- cilantro, Italian parsley, basil, dill, or thyme
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roughly chop herbs and mix with shallots and mustard. Stuff herb mixture into trout cavity, folding fish closed. Brush liberally with olive oil. Bake 8-10 minutes, until just cooked through.