We all know that crab dredged in melted butter is one of the world's finer delacicies, but did you know there are other ways to serve crab? Of course you did, but just in case you have a hard time breaking away from the standard fair, we highly suggest you try out this beautiful Japanese crab salad, or Kani Su.
This light, refreshing dish is perfect for summertime and you can really use whatever kind of crab you like. The huge Bristol Bay King Crab legs would be the truly highend and luxurious choice, but snow crab would also work as would our canned Merrible lump crumb. No matter what you use, it's going to be amazing. You can also add in other optional ingredients to help amp it up to a whole new level. Sliced jalapeno or diced Fresno chili would be great as would some thinly sliced red onion.
JAPANESE CRAB SALAD (KANI SU)
- 2ct Snow crab clusters
- 1ct English cucumber
- 4 Tbsp Sushi vinegar
- 1ct Avocado
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Steam the grab and shuck the meat using kitchen shears.
- Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds, and julienne. Transfer cucumber to a towel-lined plate and place another paper towel on top, then apply light pressure to squeeze out excess moisture. Discard paper towels.
- Mix crab and cucumber with the vinegar.
- Plate and garnish with avocado slices and sesame seeds.