Fish tacos are basically one of natures perfect foods and, as it should so happen, fresh Mahi Mahi is one of the perfect fish for fish tacos. The firm texture and juicy flakes make Mahi a great candidate for a lot of different preparations, but these simple tacos really show off the fish for what it truly is; delicious.
Mahi Mahi Tacos
1 pound mahi, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup flour
3 Tbsp Coastal Seafoods taco seasoning
1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
2 limes, cut into wedges
1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 package corn tortillas
Mexican hot sauce (Tapitio)
- Chop onion and cilantro, set aside in individual bowls.
- Prepare oil for frying by heating it in a deep wide skillet over medium heat (oil should reach a quarter inch up the sides of the pan).
- While oil is heating, mix flour and taco seasoning in a medium bowl. Dredge fish in flour mixture and shake off excess.
- Fry fish until golden brown on all sides, turning as necessary. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small skillet heat one tablespoon oil over medium heat and fry tortillas until soft and warm about 30 seconds per side.
- Fill tortilla with the fish, onion and cilantro; squeeze a wedge of lime over the fish and hot sauce to taste.