Pan Roasted Chilean Seabass with Saffron Risotto
There's just something about a beautifully pan roasted piece of fish set atop a perfectly creamy and decadent risotto. It's a true thing of beauty yet it's a perfect dinner for any night of the week all year round. Risotto can be adapted in a variety of different ways by adding in seasonal ingredients which compliment whatever fish you're using.
In this case we're keeping things simple. A lush saffron risotto is a perfect accompaniment to rich, fatty Chilean seabass. If you wanted to jazz things up a bit, drizzle over some melted herb butter at the end and take this simple dish to a whole new level.
Chilean Seabass with Saffron Risotto
- 4 8-10oz Chilean Seabass portions, boneless/skinless
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- Large pinch of saffron
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup greated parmesean cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add chicken stock and saffron to a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat. Allow saffron to infuse the chicken stock until it turns a nice golden color. Reduce heat to low and keep warm until needed
- Add two tablespoons of butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes or until they’re soft and translucent
- Add the white wine and cook while continuously stirring until the wine has been fully absorbed by the rice
- Start adding in your stock a 1/2 cup at a time. As soon as the rice absorbs most of the stock add in more and repeat until the rice is fully cooked, creamy, and tender. Approximately 20 minutes
- While the risotto is cooking, pat your fish fillets dry and season with salt and pepper
- In another preheated ovenproof-skillet placed over medium-high heat, add two tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add the fish fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the fish and repeat on the other side.
- Place the skillet into a preheated 425 degree oven and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 145 degrees.
- Serve the fish ontop the risotto and enjoy!