Porcini Crusted Golden Tilefish
Did you know that the Golden Tilefish is the flagship fish for Coastal Seafoods? It was the fish that started a seafood revolution in the Twin Cities when back in the early 1980's it served as the first fish sold by Coastal founder, Suzanne Weinstein.
We've come a long way since then, but that doesn't mean that when the opporunity arrises, we don't want to pay homage to our roots, so we've gone and given the Golden Tilefish some topshelf treatment. Dusted and seared with a lavish porcini mushroom powder, this fish truly shines. Serve alongside a beautiful mushroom risotto and some roasted asparagus or some brocollini and maybe a few crispy scallions and you've got yourself a fish-dish worthy of celebration!
PORCINI CRUSTED GOLDEN TILEFISH
- 4 4-6oz Golden Tilefish fillets, skin on
- 1/4 cup porcini powder (Rub with Love Exotic Mushroom blend available at Coastal Seafoods)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Pat the fish fillets dry using a piece of paper towl
- Coat the non-skin side of the fillets using the porcini powder
- Pre-heat a pan over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil
- Place the fillets in the pan skin side up and sear to create a crust with the porcini powder, approximately 2-3 minutes
- Flip the fillets in the pan and add to a pre-heated 450 degree oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is fully cooked through (145 degrees). Season with salt.
- Serve alongside a beautiful mushroom risotto and some roasted vegetables