Simple dishes are always great to help make weeknights a little easier, but when they pack a ton of flavor, they can also be the most rewarding! This dish comes basically comes together in one pan and takes less than 15 minutes to make, making it the ultimate weeknight go to!
If you have really big shrimp, you could certainly chop them down to your preferred size, otherwise just leave them whole. The nice thing about this dish too is that if you have any left over chicken or steak, you can throw it in at the end to warm it through to help take your fajitas to a whole new level!
Simple Shrimp Fajitas
- 1lb shrimp, shell and tails removed
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Coastal Seafoods Taco Seasoning (or your favorite taco/fajita seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of water
- Your choice of toppings (taco sauce, sour cream, guac, etc)
- In a large, dry skillet (preferablly cast iron) over high heat add your peppers and onions. Cook until they start to char and soften, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add in your taco seasoning and stir to coat. Cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the water and simmer until the water has reduced by at least 1/2. Add the shrimp and simmer until the shrimp is fully cooked through, approximately 2 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste and finish with chopped cilantro. Serve with tortillas and any desired toppings.