Spanish Style Steamed Clams with Iberico Ham
This dish is a personal favorite! These clams pack massive flavor into a simple dish that only takes a few minutes to put together. These clams are the perfect appetizer, but could easily serve as a main course along with a few side dishes. Give this a try for an instant crowd pleaser!
Spanish Style Clams with Iberico Ham
- 1lb Littleneck Clams (or Manilla's)
- 2oz Iberico Ham, roughly choppped
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 cup Sherry
- 2 tablespoons Spanish olive oil (or preferred oil)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro or parsley (for garnish)
- 1/2 Lemon cut into wedges (for garnish)
- Add oil to a pan. Once hot and shimmering, add shallots and cook until softened and translucent. Approx 1-2 minutes.
- Add Iberico Ham to the pan and saute for Approxmitely 1 minute.
- Add sherry, bring to a simmer and reduce by at least 1/2 or up to 2/3's. If liquid reduces by too much, add in a bit of water for extra steam.
- Add the clams, cover, and steam until clams fully open. Approximately 5 mintues. Discard any clams that refuse to open.
- Remove clams and broth to a serving bowl and sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro or parsley and garnish with lemon wedges.