Fish tacos are always a huge hit and these ones are at the absolute top of their game! Give these a try for a quick and easy dinner and your family and friends will fall in love with you all over again!
Spicy Grouper Tacos
- 2lbs grouper fillet, cut into approximately 1" x 3" portions
- 14oz coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrot)
- 2 medium shallots, sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped (plus additonal for garnish if desired)
- Taco Seasoning (brand of choice)
- Juice from one lime
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Flour or Corn tortillas, your choice
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine coleslaw mix, shallots, and cilantro. Add a pinch of salt, lime juice, and olive oil and toss to combine. Set aside until needed.
- In another small mixing bowl, add mayo and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Set aside until needed.
- Generaously season the fish with your taco seasoning. Coat on all sides.
- Add vegetable oil to a skillet over medium-high heat until oil is hot and shimmering. Add in the fish pieces and cooking until golden on both sides, approxmaitely 2-3 minutes per side.
- In another skillet over medium heat, warm your tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with your slaw mixture and then place the fish on top of the slaw. Drizzle with the spicy mayo and garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges if desired.