If you're looking for quick weeknight recipes, here's a home run for ya! Using this simple White Miso & Scallop Ramen base, you can jumpstart your ramen and have a restaurant quality bowl of noodles ready in no time!
Spicy Scallop & Miso Ramen
- 1/2lb U10 Dry Packed Sea Scallops, cut in ½ into coins
- 1 Jar Scallop & White Miso Ramen Base
- Ramen Noodles
- 1 Tbsp La-Yu Chili Oil (or regular sesame oil if you want to skip the heat)
- 4oz Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
- 2 Green Onions, roughly chopped (white parts for broth, green for garnish)
- 2 Eggs
- Pickled Ginger
- Lime Wedges (garnish)
- Vegetable Oil
- Cook noodles in boiling water per package directions. Drain and reserve.
- In a small sauce pot, add enough water to cover eggs. Bring to a gentle simmer, add eggs, and cook for exactly six minutes. Remove from pot, allow to cool, peel, and reserve until needed
- Add Scallop & White Miso to a small sauce pot along with the sliced shiitake mushrooms and the white parts of the green onions and up to a tablespoon of the chili oil. Bring to a simmer and cook for roughly 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Add 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Add scallops and sear on one side, approximately 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for approximately 30 seconds and remove from the pan.
- Add noodles to a large ramen bowl and ladle over hot broth to warm them. Slice your peeled eggs and garnish along with the scallops, green onions, pickled ginger, and lime wedges. Drizzle with additional chili oil if desired.