Swordfish with Black Bean Sauce
The deep rich flavor of our Coastal Seafoods Black Bean Sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the steaky texture of swordfish. We've also included a recipe for a homemade black bean sauce that works well with this too, but we'd suggest going with Coastal Seafood’s already made-in-house Black Bean BBQ Sauce for the sake of ease. Either way, this is a great late summer dish perfect for any last minute weekend cookouts.
- 2 pounds swordfish, cut into 1” steaks
- 1 small jar hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 package fermented dry black beans
- ¼ cup chile garlic sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry or white wine
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 inch ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic
- Rinse black beans in cold running water until water runs clear.
- Puree garlic and ginger in a food processor.
- Heat sesame oil in a large sauce pan. Add garlic and ginger puree, and cook on low heat for five minutes, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool.
- Marinate swordfish for ½ hour in cooled sauce in refrigerator.
- Place swordfish on a hot, well-oiled grill for 4-5 minutes. Flip swordfish and cover with Black Bean Sauce and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.